Virtual Research Environments featured in ERCIM News
- An introduction to VRE4EIC: "VRE4EIC: A Europe-Wide Virtual Research Environment to Empower Multidisciplinary Research Communities and Accelerate Innovation and Collaboration"
- The fundamental requirements for a VRE in the Big Data Era: "Scientists’ Fundamental Requirements to Deal with their Research Data in the Big Data Era"
- The e-VRE reference software architecture: "A Reference Architecture for Enhanced Virtual Research Environments"
- The issues related to metadata, as discussed at the Smart Descriptions & Smart Vocabularies Workshop hosted by CWI in 2016: "Smart Descriptions and Smarter Vocabularies"
- Collaborations and synergies with EPOS and ENVRIplus projects: "EPOS – European Plate Observing System: Applying the VRE4EIC Virtual Research Environment Model in the Solid Earth Science Domain" and "VRE in the Data for Science Approach to Common Challenges in ENVRIPLUS"
About ERCIM News
ERCIM News is the magazine of ERCIM. It reports on joint actions of the ERCIM partners, and aims to reflect the contribution made by ERCIM to the European Community in Information Technology. Through short articles and news items, it provides a forum for the exchange of information between the institutes and also with the wider scientific community. Each issue focuses on a special theme identified by the editorial board. ERCIM News is published quarterly. ERCIM News currently maintains a circulation of 4,000 printed copies and more than 7,500 people subscribed to the online edition. ERCIM News reaches about 10.000 readers worldwide. ERCIM News is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (CC-BY).